Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bad Taste

So to continue with horror movie month I have to say something about Bad Taste by Peter Jackson (Heavenly Creatures, Lord of the Things) because I am sad it took me so long to get around to watching it. I finally chose it from my Netflix Q since I thought my last disc from them should be special. Special it was!

DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE ALONE!!!!


Seriously! And I'm not saying this because the movie is scary.... oh contrary. I was actually kinda sad that I watched it alone because there was so much stuff to giggle about and make fun of! It was a delight to all my ohhhh that's gross, that is hilarious, and hey hey was that a Doctor Who reference!? I expressed all of these emotions to Daisy but she just looked back at me blankly.


She just doesn't get my pop culture references sometimes. She wanted me to to turn the tv back to animal planet but I digress....

Okay so aliens invade New Zealand and take over a house the looks stunningly similar to the house from Dead Alive also directed by Peter Jackson ;D


I don't really want to say too much else. I enjoyed the movie and the campiness of it. I liked that all the main characters were guys. Bromance before bromance was a word. No stupid girl screaming and running around... I loved that. I also learned a valuable lesson. If I ever have my head cut open and a piece of my brain taken out, I can just put said brain nugget back in and wear a hat or a belt around my head. Totally safe and reliable options!


P.S. Hipster Soup..... And the cheese factor, this one goes to ELEVEN!!!!






3 comments:

  1. Oh snap! I forgot about stars... I give it 5 stars. Much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree. it's great viewing with peoples! Awesome review. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not a horror movie so I hope it doesn't interrupt your flow, but have you seen Mr. Jackson's "Meet the Feebles"? If not check it, I would be very interested to see what your opinion is. :>

    ReplyDelete